Actually, we’re more than halfway there. This week, we will pass the 200,000-signature mark – meaning we’re well on our way to reaching our goal of collecting 366,000 signatures. 252,523 of these signatures need to be validated to get on the ballot in 2018 and end cannabis prohibition once and for all!
With your help, we can keep printing and distributing petitions throughout the summer and continue paying for professional signature collectors to ensure the job gets done.
And if our proposal to end marijuana prohibition is approved by voters, Michigan would become a national leader in cannabis reform by:
- allowing personal possession, cultivation and use of cannabis for adults 21 and older;
- legalizing the cultivation of industrial hemp;
- licensing cannabis businesses that cultivate, process, test, transport and sell marijuana;
- protecting consumers with proper testing and safety regulations for retail cannabis; and
- taxing cannabis at retail levels with a 10 percent excise tax and six percent sales tax, which will support K-12 public schools, roads and local governments.
We’re livin’ on a prayer – and in the immortal words of Bon Jovi, “Take my hand and we’ll make it, I swear!” Will you take our hand and ensure we have the resources we need to reach our goal by donating $25, $50 or $100 today?